Nine Minutes to a Peaceful, Happy Feeling, a Powerful Depression Dissolver
Nine Minutes to a Peaceful, Happy Feeling; a Powerful Depression Dissolver
Step One. Into the Quiet (3 minutes)
If you practice meditating, then use your own form of meditating to go into a quiet, peaceful state.
If you don’t meditate, then simply think of a gentle word, such as ‘peace’. Silently think that word as you relax comfortably with your eyes closed.
Just be there in the silence as you think the word ‘peace’, and enjoy for about three minutes (or longer).
Step Two. Uplift and Affirm (4 minutes)
While you are in that silence, think of one thing in your life that makes you feel happy, feel uplifted. It could be a person, an object or an action – perhaps your mother, or your favorite car or your favorite outfit that you wear. It could be seeing yourself hiking in the woods or walking along a beach or skiing or looking at a sunset.
Just be in that silence for about four minutes (or longer), thinking and feeling yourself being in that picture with this person or object or doing this action.
Then, while still in this quiet state of mind, say one of these statements (or more if you want):
• I’m feeling peaceful and uplifted as I picture this that makes me happy.
• I now keep this feeling with me as I come back to the present moment.
• I now keep this feeling with me as I do my next task or action.
• I CAN be happy! I AM happy! I’m in charge of me!
• I’m in charge of how I feel. This is MY technique now.
• I can go into the silence any time I choose and I can come out of that space of silence feeling happy, peaceful and uplifted any time I want to!
• I am no longer at the mercy of anything outside of myself!
Step Three. Coming Back (2 minutes)
Now slowly bring your awareness back to the room, and to your everyday life, choosing to keep that feeling of joy, of peace, of happiness. Enjoy the knowledge and feeling that you have escaped for awhile from the active world of doing and thinking.
If you don’t have much time, you can do this in nine minutes. If you have more time, you can stay in that space of silence for a longer period of time.
In that silence your ability to create is amplified. Going there every day can be a great ‘depression dissolver’.
Feel free to print or copy this article and use it any time you need a ‘mood lift’.Note: What I call the silence is often called by scientists ‘The Zero Point Field’. It’s also called ‘The Field of All Possibilities’ by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the founder of Transcendental Meditation.